Contribute to Our Blog
ModernFamilyParenting blog is a resource for gay parents who are figuring it all out. We publish informative guides and articles on a number of topics, including:
- Same Sex Parenting
- Surrogacy Tips
- Egg Donor Tips
- Newborn, Infant and Toddler Tips
To learn more about writing for our blog, please review the pitching and writing guidelines below.
Pitching to ModernFamilyParenting.com
- Rather than submit any full-length drafts, please pitch 1-3 headlines and a brief outline of what each would cover and we’ll get back to you in 24-48 hours. It’s possible we’ll want to modify your headlines or the angle of your piece—regardless, we’ll work with you to get it just right.
- If you’re pitching to ModernFamilyParenting.com for the first time, please include a writing sample as well as a little about you.
- To ensure you’ve read our guidelines, please include the word “lgbtq proud” somewhere in the body of your email.
- When you’re ready, submit your pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your pitch has been accepted, we’ll give you the green light to get started with your draft. Note that acceptance of your pitch does not guarantee publication. If necessary, we may ask for revisions and/or edit any submitted work.
As you’re writing, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Drafts should be a minimum of 600 words and submitted as a Google doc.
- Content should be 100% original and not have already been posted elsewhere. All submissions will be run through a plagiarism checker before being accepted.
- Images are welcomed, but not required. If included, please attribute credit where it’s due.
- Please read through our current blog posts to get a feel for our tone and brand voice.
- We will not accept posts with overly promotional and commercial content.
- Before submitting, read your post again and ask yourself:
- Did I proofread and use spell check?
- Did I use bullet points and/or numbered lists to break up my post and make the text more readable?
- Did I include relevant links?
- Where necessary, did I cite my research and data sources?
- Along with your post, please submit a brief author bio as well as a high-quality headshot. We allow one do-follow link in your bio.
Thanks for your interest in contributing to our blog! If you have any questions, please email email@example.com