Caring for your baby is certainly one of the most important things you need to consider once you became a new parent. There are many things you need to take into account in order to make sure that your baby gets all the attention.
- Make sure that you feed your baby right. Deciding on whether you should buy breastfeed or bottle-feed your baby greatly depends on your personal decision and what your physician recommends. Research shows that breastfeeding is the best way to nourish newborn babies, but we decided to use formula. I was raised on formula and did just fine. However it is a personal choice and there are lots of benefits can be obtained through breastfeeding.
- Practical sleep aid tips for infants. Sleep is crucial for babies because it has a direct effect on the child’s mental and physical growth. Newborn babies sleep for up to 17 and 18 hours a day. Parents should understand that babies sleep cycle could be pretty erratic. You may notice for a few weeks, your baby’s sleep may only last from approximately 30 minutes to 3 hours, and this can vary throughout a 24 period. But by the sixth week, you should see some signs of improvement as your baby’s sleep pattern becomes more structured.
- The proper way of bathing your newborn. Newborn babies need not be bathed on a daily basis. Bathing them once or twice a week is enough. Bathe your baby using sponge baths. This is imperative at first. Tub bathing your baby can only be done once the babyís umbilical cord falls off to avoid infection. While you should only bathe them once or twice, we still ran our baby under water (especially after large #2s) and used lotion.
- Maintaining your baby’s optimal skin care. Newborn babies have smooth and delicate skin. For this reason, it is necessary that you use products that are especially made for babies. But before buying any baby product, it is best to consult your pediatrician. Most babies develop rashes from time to time and this is perfectly normal. However, if your baby seems irritated by a rash or has a fever, you should immediately seek advice from your baby’s doctor.
- When to give the baby medicine. Like anyone else, newborn babies sometimes have special needs that require attention. When giving your baby medicine, it is important that you follow the advice of your baby’s physician. You need to know how to give the right dose prescribed by the doctor. It can sometimes be advised to start the baby with a small dose to ensure there is no adverse reaction to the medication. We loved gripe water for our little ones tummy when it was upset.
The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only and is not meant in any way to replace advice given by healthcare professionals.